Corporate Challenge Canada’s Basketball Tournament is a classic event–a must-attend for all the dribblers, dunkers, and jumpers! This year, teams will meet once again at the spectacular Richmond Olympic Oval Venue to sweat it out at the CCC Summer Games Basketball tournament!
|Date||Saturday, June 9th: Round Robin
Sunday, June 10th: Playoffs
|Time||Saturday: 3:00pm – 10pm
Sunday: 3pm – 9:30pm
|Format||Co-Rec Full Court 5’s|
|Venue||Richmond Olympic Oval (Map)|
|Skill Level||Competitive Division | Recreational Division|
|Players||Min 6. | Max 10 (Minimum two of the opposite gender)|
- Games are played five-on-five.
- Each game will consist of two 17.5-minute halves and a 5-minute halftime break. Each team is allowed one 20-second timeout per game.
- Teams are seeded after round robin based on a point system: a win = 3 points, a tie = 1 point, a loss = 0 points.
- The tournament is set up in 3 Pools. Teams will be allocated to the appropriate tiers based on their round robin results.
- There will be 2 tiers for playoffs.
- All teams advance to the playoffs after round robin play.
- There will be a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winner for each tier.
- In playoffs, a single elimination bracket will be used.
- Rules are based on FIBA rules modified for Corporate Challenge Canada.
- Notable modifications
- Unlimited substitutions
- Auto-point on a foul (no free throws unless in last minute of play)
- Defensive team will receive possession of the ball if there is a jump ball.
- There must be at least two members of the opposite sex on the court at all times, such that the gender ratio is 2:3.
- Referees will be provided.
Tiebreaker for Seeding:
- Total Points Scored
- Point Differential
- Total Points Allowed
- If still tied after all 3 tiebreakers, coin toss.
Overtime for Playoffs:
- 3-minute running time OT. Jump ball will be tossed by game referee.
- Sudden death – first basket wins. Jump ball will be tossed by game referee.
- Appropriate footwear is mandatory (indoor footwear)
- Game ball will be provided. Players are encouraged to bring their own practice ball.
Basketball Schedule Sunday June 10th
Tier 1 Bracket
Tier 2 Bracket