It’s not what you remember from your childhood
It can be argued that the most exhilarating battles between today’s companies happen on the dodgeball courts. As the brave dip, dive, duck, and dodge, only the fiercest warriors emerge as the victors of this CCC tournament.
|Date||June 9th: Round Robin
June 10th: Playoffs
|Format||Co-Rec Dodgeball 6’s|
|Venue||Richmond Olympic Oval (Map)|
|Skill Level||Round robin day 1. Based on results, teams are tiered into Tier 1 and Tier 2 for playoffs.|
|Players||Min 6 | Max 9 (Minimum two of the opposite gender)|
- Matches are played six-on-six.
- A match consists of 3 games. A game is completed when everyone on the opposing team is eliminated.
- The tournament is set up for round robin pool play where teams will play each other at least once.
- Teams are seeded after round robin based on number of games won. All teams advance to playoffs.
- In playoffs, a double elimination bracket will be used. Teams must lose two matches to be knocked out of the tournament.
- Rules are based on Vancouver Dodgeball League Rules modified for Corporate Challenge Canada.
- There must be at least two members of the opposite sex on the court at all times, such that the gender ratio is either 2:4 or 3:3.
- Player substitution is permitted only in between games
- Please wear appropriate indoor footwear. Knee pads are also encouraged.
- Dodgeballs will be provided. The official ball used will be an 8.25″ rubber-coated foam ball.
- Watch this Dododgeball 101 video to prepare for game day!