The CCC Summer Games Indoor Volleyball Tournament is sure to deliver a booming experience this year! Co-rec teams will represent their companies at the elite venue, the Richmond Olympic Oval, for an epic weekend of 6-on-6 indoor volleyball.
|Date||Saturday June 9th: Round Robin
Sunday June 10th: Playoffs
|Time||Saturday: 9am – 2:45pm
Sunday: 9am – 2:45pm
|Format||Co-Rec Indoor 6’s|
|Venue||Richmond Olympic Oval (Map)|
|Skill Level||Round Robin Day 1. 3 tiers for playoffs.|
|Players||Min 6 | Max 8 (Minimum two of the opposite gender)|
- Matches are played six-on-six. Each match will be allotted 45 minutes. If a team arrives with fewer than 6 players, they are permitted to play, provided that they meet the gender ratio rule described below. If this is not the case, the team will forfeit their match(es).
- A match will consist of one running score, for the 45 minutes allotted. This means that scores may exceed 25 points per team (ex. Final scores may be 38-21). If, at the end of the 45 min of play, the score is tied, then a final point is used to determine the “winner.” Scores are recorded based on a rally point system. Each team can call one 30-second timeout per set.
- Pool play standings will be determined by wins/loss ratio and then score differentials. (ex. a team may win a match by 12, then lose by 2, and then win by 11 – their final differential is 12-2+11 = 25). Ties will be settled by head to head results.
- The tournament is set up in 3 divisions, tier 1, 2 and 3. Teams will be seeded after round robin play, based on win/loss ratio, score differentials and then head-to-head results, in that order.
- Each team is guaranteed a minimum of 3 matches during round robin.
- In playoffs, a double elimination bracket will be used. (we have made a change so it’s no longer single elimination)
- Rules are based on FIVB rules modified for Corporate Challenge Canada.
- Notable modifications include unlimited substitutions and substitutions can be made on the fly.
- There must be at least two members of the opposite sex on the court at all times, such that the gender ratio is either 2:4 or 3:3.
- Any and all contact with the net is considered illegal, the rally will end and a point will be awarded to the opposite team. (i.e. there is no “new net rule”)
- It is permitted to penetrate a portion of a player’s foot (not the entire) into the opponent’s space under the net, provided that this does not interfere with the opponent’s play
- Players must wear indoor shoes
- Game balls will be provided.
- The net will be set to standard men’s height of 2.43 m for Tier 1 and 2 Division, and standard women’s height of 2.24m for Tier 3 Division. (**Note: The Richmond Olympic Oval utilizes nets from different manufacturers, this means the height settings on the poles may differ. Due to this there may be a slight variation between some of the courts, but not by a significant amount)
- Players are welcome to bring their own ball to practice
Volleyball Schedule Sunday June 10th at the Richmond Olympic Oval
Tier 1 Bracket
Tier 2 Bracket