The Outdoor Soccer tournament will be CCC’s celebrated kick-off event. Whether you’re cheering on your co-workers or playing for the win, the CCC Outdoor Soccer Tournament is sure to deliver a great time.
|Date||Sunday May 26th: Round Robins AND
Sunday June 2nd: Playoffs
(THIS IS A RAIN OR SHINE EVENT)
|Time||Round Robin: 8:30am- 5pm| Playoffs: 8:30am – 5pm
Please arrive 30 minute before to perform waiver check and warm up
(See game schedule below)
|Format||Co-Red Outdoor Soccer 7’s|
|Venue||Trillium Park Site (map)|
|Skill Level||Round Robin Day 1; Teams will be ranked and play in 3 separate tiers for playoffs|
|Players||Min 8 | Max 13 (Minimum one of the opposite gender)|
- Games are played 7 a side (6 plus goalie)
- Each game will consist of two 15-minute halves with a 5-minute halftime break. Each team is allowed on 20-second timeout per game.
- The tournament is set up into separate pools. The top team in each pool will move into Tier 1 for playoffs. The 2nd and 3rd place teams will move into Tier 2, and the 4th/5th place teams will be in Tier 3. All teams advance to the playoffs after round robin play. (*Note: This is only used as a general guideline. Tiering is subject to the discretion of CCC. More or less than 2 teams may be moved into the appropriate tier.)
- There will be a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winner for each tier.
- Teams are seeded after round robin based on a point system: a win = 3 points, a tie = 1 point, a loss = 0 points.
- In playoffs, a single-elimination bracket will be used
- Rules are based on FIFA rules modified for Corporate Challenge Canada.
- Notable modifications include: No slide-tackling, no off-sides, kick-ins (opposed to throw-ins) from the side, and substitutions are made on the fly.
- There must be at least 1 member of the opposite sex on the court at all times.
- Complete Rules and Regulations HERE
- The only prohibited footwear is six studded soccer cleats. Running shoes are permitted but TURF soccer shoes are highly encouraged to prevent foot/ankle injuries.
- Shin pads are mandatory.
- Game balls and nets will be provided, but please bring your own ball for warm up and practice in between games
Schedule for Sunday May 26